"Thumper Saves the Day" is the third episode of ThomasWoodenRailway's series Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends Wooden Railway Adventures, and is the third episode of Season 1.
While pulling some ballast trucks, Oliver notices something strange about Boulder, a giant rock that sits on top of the Construction Site. He goes and talks to The Fat Controller, who assures him that everything is fine. However, when Oliver arrives at the Construction Site, he realizes that there is potential danger. Just as Thumper begins drilling, Boulder falls off the mountain and nearly lands on Salty. While the Workmen commend Oliver for his quick thinking, Thumper feels silly that he allowed Boulder to fall off. The next day, Thumper is waiting for the drilling to begin once again. Before he can start, however, Boulder suddenly shifts positions and falls off the mountain again, and rolls down the Main Line before crashing into Henry. Thumper throws himself in front of Boulder and stops him before he can do anymore damage. The Workmen are pleased with Thumper's actions, and Boulder is properly secured on top of the Construction Site, hopefully never to move again.
- The Fat Controller
- Workmen (not seen)
- Thumper's Driver (not seen)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- S.C.Ruffey (cameo)
- Troublesome Truck (cameo)
- Boulder (cameo)
- Harold (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Fred (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Giggling Troublesome Truck (cameo)
- Grey Troublesome Truck (cameo)
- N.W. Brakevan (cameo)
- Terence (cameo)
- Jack (cameo)
- Alfie (cameo)
- First appearances and speaking roles for Skarloey, Rheneas, Salty, Thumper, and Boulder.
- This episode was originally uploaded to Keekre24 sometime between June 15-20, 2008. It was reuploaded to ThomasWoodenRailway on March 12, 2009.
- This is the first episode to use the HP Photosmart M437v camera.
- There is a extra figure of The Fat Controller laying down beside Gordon's Hill during the climax of the episode. Its purpose was likely to provide ThomasWoodenRailway with an extra model of The Fat Controller and have him appear towards the end of the episode somehow, but this was obviously never done.
- Both the Workmen and Thumper's Driver speak during the episode, but there are no models used to portray either of them.